Arts Off Main gallery is currently seeking submissions for a new artist/partner. We are a group of nine partner artists responsible for the running of the gallery. Each partner has a designated area in the gallery for showing their work and is free to select and hang whatever they choose.
We take turns staffing the gallery, about 2-3 full days per month each. There is a minimal monthly rent to pay for a convenient Main Street location and a buy-in cost in exchange for 100% of the sale of your work.
We are looking for someone who works well with others and has a collaborative approach. Monthly meetings at the gallery allow us to catch up with each other and make collective decisions on the gallery's operations. We also use email to discuss a lot of topics.
Our aims are to offer reasonably priced, good quality artwork and gifts as well as to participate in the community. We held a group show last year at the Seymour Art Gallery, exhibited at several other local events, raised donations for the Vancouver Food Bank and joined in Main Street merchants association activities.
- All submissions will be juried by the existing partnership
- Art work should be interesting and of high quality
- 2D work only is being accepted at this time - drawing, painting, photography, printmaking, collage, mixed media - anything that could be displayed hung on a wall. No jewellery or ceramics please.
- Only submit artwork that you that you feel would be a good fit to sell in the gallery. This is very important as we like to achieve a balance between all artists' work and need to know exactly what you plan to sell. We aim to offer our clients a variety of styles, media and techniques. If you're unsure of what work to submit, please visit us to see what we currently have for sale and the price points.
- Only submissions sent by the online application will be considered
- Please understand that we cannot respond to every submission. Only artists who will be offered a partnership will be contacted.
Artists whose work is approved by the partnership will be invited to bring in some of their work and meet with the Partnership Committee. This will give the gallery a chance to see the actual work and for the artist to meet some of the members and ask any questions they may have.
A few facts:
- Arts Off Main is a co-operative gallery of nine artists who show and sell their work through the gallery.
- Each partner brings a unique aspect to the gallery.
- Partners pay an initial fee to join, pay monthly rent and are responsible to staff the gallery 2-3 days a month.
- Partners receive 100% of the sales of their work.
Deadline for applications:
Friday, February 10, 2012